October of Breast Cancer Awareness Month-Ways Women Can Lower Their Cancer Risk:
- Eat a Variety of Healthy Foods Each Day With An Emphasis on Fruits and Vegetables. Reduce your consumption of Red Meats.
- Take Steps to Quit Tobacco Today, If you are a User. Avoid Breathing Second Hand Smoke.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight, Especially After Menopause.
- Aim for at Least 30 Minutes of Moderate Activity At Least 5 days a Week.
- Limit Your Drinking to Occasional Or No Alcohol. Consuming Even a Few Drinks Per Week Raises Your Breast Cancer Risk.
- Follow Your Doctors Schedule for Pap Tests, Mammograms and Pelvic Exams Which can Detect Pre-Cancerous Conditions.
- Learn the Correct Way to Perform A Breast Self-Exam And Be Sure To Do One Every Month. Have Routine Breast Exams By Your Doctor.
- Beginning At Age 45 Or Sooner(Depending on Family History), Have The Correctal Screenings Your Doctor Recommends.
- Decide Carefully Before Starting Or Continuing Hormone Replacement Therapy. DIscuss Your Options WIth Your Doctor.
Workout Corner: Ultimate Wall Ball Workout: Always start your workout with a 5 Minute Warm-Up.
- Pair 1: 10 Wall Balls+ 10 Burpees 15 Sec. recover
- Pair 2: 10 Wall Balls + 10 Lunge Jumps 15 Sec. recover
- Pair 3: 10 Wall Balls + 10 Push Ups 15 Sec. recover
- Pair 4: 10 Wall Balls + 15 High Knees 15 Sec. recover
- Pair 5 10 Wall Balls + 10 KB(Kettle Bells) 15 Sec. recover
- 2 Minute on Assault Bike 1 Min. recover
- Repeat Entire Sequence 2 more Times.
Regular exercise can help you lose weight and increase insulin sensitivity.
Increased insulin sensitivity means your cells are better able to use the available sugar in your bloodstream.
Exercise also helps your muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction.
If you have problems with blood sugar control, you should routinely check your levels. This will help you learn how you respond to different activities and keep your blood sugar levels from getting either too high or too low (2).
Good forms of exercise include weight lifting, brisk walking, running, biking, dancing, hiking, swimming and more.
BOTTOM LINE:Exercise increases insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles pick up sugars from the blood. This can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
Complete each exercise 8 times before moving to the next
Full Body Workout for Men
- Chest-Seated Chest Press-4 sets of 8 reps
- Back-Lat Pulldowns-4 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulders-Dumbell Press-4 sets of 10 reps
- Legs-Leg Extensions-4 sets of 10 reps
- Biceps-Barbell Bicep Curls-3 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps-3 sets of 15 reps
workout isn’t too difficult, though for those new to health and fitness, it
will certainly prove challenging.
Tabata Workout: Full Body:
Each Circuit will take 4 minutes.
Set your timers to get a more efficient workout
3-minute Warm-up on bike, treadmill or jumping jacks
- 20 seconds Box Jump/10 sec
- 20 seconds Tricep
- 20 seconds Burpee Curl
- 20 seconds Weighted Overhead
- 20 seconds Push ups on Box/10
- 20 seconds Burpees/10 rest
- 20 seconds Deadlift front
- 20 seconds Jump Squats/10
- 20 seconds Plank elbow to
knee on box/10 rest
- 20 seconds KB(Kettle Bell)
Make sure you stretch after completion of the workout.
4 Min Abs Workout
- High Plank Walk Out/1
- Dead Bug(On back, extend one
arm and opposite leg)/ 1 min
- 1-2 Punch ; then Rear Elbow/1
- Plank around the World(Elbow
plank with wide stance, lift each body part for a 4 count)/ 1 min